Thursday, May 29th
|8:30 am-5:00 pm||QEP Faculty Development Institute (FDI) (CLC) Campus Life Center|
in the QEP Faculty Development Institute (FDI).
The 2014 FDI is scheduled for Tuesday, May 27- Friday, May 30 – 8:30 – 5:00 each day.
The Faculty Development Institute offers an exciting immersion experience for participants that focuses on tools and skills to design Technology Intensive Courses to then be offered as a part of the QEP. The experience includes time for critical reflection, hands-on practice, and collaboration with colleagues in guided course re-design. Participants will develop technology intensive (TI) courses during the institute and over summer for offering during the 2014-2015 academic year.
Applications are now being accepted and are due on or before March 21. Participants will be notified by April 4.
Faculty accepted into the QEP STEP-UP Faculty Development Institute will receive a $1500 stipend and funds to purchase technology for course development and implementation.
Please note that participation in the QEP STEP-UP is a commitment through the life of the project – until 2017. Faculty cohort members are expected to:
• Participate fully in the complete summer FDI workshop.
• Research, design and develop course and instructional enhancements and enrichments including any relevant disciplinary and/or cross-disciplinary connections.
• Share design work with fellow cohort members and to the project toolkit database and online repository.
• Reflect upon all work and write regularly to explicate ongoing course development and implementation processes for other participants.
• Mentor colleagues in the subsequent project years.
• Participate fully in the ongoing process documentation, student learning assessment, and program evaluation process throughout the QEP process
Failure to do so may result in forfeiting the FDI stipend.
The invitation is open and submissions are online at the Application for QEP Faculty Development Institute & Third QEP Cohort.
You will be prompted to log in. Use your campus network user ID and password to proceed.
You should discuss your plans with your department head prior to submission.
A message will be generated to your department head requesting the additional required approvals once you click Save & Submit.
|All day||Classes End for Maymester 2014 General/Day Calendar USC Upstate|
|All day||Exams (6:00-9:00 pm) evening classes USC Upstate|
|10:00 am-11:00 am||Planning for Health Care in Retirement Rampey Building|
Certified Financial Planner and USC Upstate alumnus, Spencer Metcalf, will present “Planning for Health Care in Retirement” next Thursday at 10 AM in the Rampey Center. This one hour presentation has a strong focus on Medicare and will be followed Q & A. It’s never too soon to learn how it all works. Reply to register.
|Apr 9th-Apr 9th|| (HPAC) Humanities and Performing Arts Building|
ics format for events on Thursday, May 29th