The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of South Carolina Upstate will host its sixth annual “An Evening of Great Conversations” on Tuesday, October 16. This event showcases an elegant dinner in downtown Spartanburg where diners select among 12 conversations of important topics.
Each dinner table engages in a specific conversation, which is facilitated by a faculty expert on the topic. Table leaders include Fulbright Scholars, award-winning authors, technologists, social scientists, and area-studies specialists. The table conversations are extraordinarily interesting, and varied. This year’s list of topics includes:
• Germany: Its Culture, History, and Beauty
• Bringing the Dead Sea to Life
• Making First Impressions
• Decapitations and Tyrants: The French Revolution as it Really Happened
• The South: From The Help to “Honey Boo Boo Child” and “Hillbilly Handfishin”
• Inside the Actor’s Craft
• Moved by Music in Film
• You Thought Writing Was the Difficult Part
• From Cold War to Cardigans: The Myth of the 1950s
• Presidential Crystal Ball: Can You Predict the Winner?
• Alien Invasions: People, Pythons, and a Global Pandemic
• Is 60 REALLY the New 40? Maybe!
“The table hosts and topics this year are representative of the talented and creative faculty at the University,” said Dr. Jennifer Parker, associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at USC Upstate. “We have added many new topics that are sure to generate thought-provoking conversation.”
“An Evening of Great Conversations” is sponsored by Roebuck Advertising, SunTrust Bank, Integra Benefits Consulting, LLC, Piedmont Natural Gas, and OfficeMax.
For more information, including how to purchase tickets, contact Shawn Masto at (864) 503-5700 or email@example.com or visit www.uscupstate.edu/greatconversations.